Study in Canada: Medical Insurance for International (Foreign) Students
If you are a foreign student studying in Canada, you may not be eligible for any government coverage and the costs of medical treatment for people without Canadian health insurance plans, are expensive. With Student Medical Insurance for international students in Canada, you will have affordable medical coverage when you need it.
We offer medical insurance for foreign students in Canada from various insurance providers. Get information, compare the plans, get your best instant quote and choose low cost health insurance best suited to your needs and budget. Start now - it's fast and easy!
Who can apply?
To be eligible for this insurance a person must :
● be a student enrolled in a school (recognized institution of learning) within Canada; or
● be a family member living with a student covered under this insurance in the same residence;
● not be insured or eligible for benefits under a provincial or territorial government health insurance plan.
Summary of Benefits
Medical insurance for international students provides coverage up to a maximum aggregated of $2,000,000 CND. The following benefits may be included in the policy.
Emergency Medical Benefits
· Hospital expenses : Hospitalization for injury, illness or psychiatric care
· Out-patient and emergency department services
· Physician services
· Diagnostic services
· Private duty nurse
· Ambulance transportation
· Prescription drugs
· Paramedical services
· Emergency dental treatment
o accidental injury
o relief of pain
· Psychiatric care
· Medical appliances
· Emergency evacuation
· Family transportation to bedside
· Repatriation of mortal remains
· Tuition reimbursement
Non-Emergency Medical Benefits
· Annual physician visit (if 365 days are purchased)
· Annual eye examination (if 365 days are purchased)
· Maternity benefit ( if pregnancy commenced after the effective date of the policy)
Covered expenses and benefits are subject to the benefit maximums, exclusions and limitations.
Pre-existing medical conditions
Student medical insurance from Manulife Financial, TuGo, RSA Travel, Destination, as well as Allianz Global Assistance Enhanced plan pays for medical expenses relating to pre-existing medical conditions that have remained stable in 90 days (or 3 months) before the effective date of the policy.
Allianz Global Assistance Basic Plan does NOT cover pre-existing medical conditions.
NOTE: The product-related information above is for illustration purposes only. For complete benefits, terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions, please refer to the Policy Wording.
Insurance Providers and Insurance Plans Available
If you have any questions or more information please call at 416-493-0101 (1-877-443-0101) or
Revised: December 22, 2018